Monday, January 05, 2015

Morse Code Bracelet


First of all: I wish you all a Happy New Year!

This post is going to be my first in 2015, so I thought I should do something more personal and of note. Lately, I've been obsessed with rare words and their meaning. Trying to embed a word in your craft has been hard, but I've come up with an idea. How about morse codes?

The word MERAKI is written in morse codes. It means: the soul, creativity, or love put into something; the essence of yourself that is put into your work.
 When I read this word for the first time, I knew that it would be the right one for 2015. It describes exactly what I feel and what I want to do for the coming months. Becoming more passionate about my blog, but also about school and my surroundings are one of my resolutions.


What you need:
wire
jewelry pliers
thread
sharpie

Step-by-Step:
Cut your wire (around 4" long).
Draw the morse codes on/around your wire.
Bend the wire and create small loops at the ends with your pliers.
Take two pieces of thread, pull them through the loops and tie a knot.
Finished.


  This DIY is soo easy and it only took me around 10 minutes to make!
I already look forward to seeing my friends question me what these black stripes and dots mean.

What would be your word of the year?



No comments:

Post a Comment